Carson's shirt says "Music Changes Lives" and there's a little stick figure get'n down. Carson loves to dance!
Monday, May 19, 2008
The Sleep Study
Once we got to the sleep center Carson took his Melatonin and Zyprexa and was asleep 25 minutes later. It was hard for him to settle down because he wanted to explore his new surroundings including other patients rooms. He had an EEG and a Sleep Study. Almost everything under that lovely hairnet is from the EEG. He didn't wake up even a little bit as they pressed those leads onto his head. What the picture doesn't show are the leads on his chest, back, and legs (Probably 60+ in total and over 1 hour to put them on). He only stirred a couple of times during the night. I slept on a cot next to him from which I'm still feeling the ill effects. The Tech said that at one point in the night Carson was a little restless and I woke up to calm him (Rachel and I sleep very lightly - although at home there is a bit of acting so the other person thinks they are the only one awake and must therefore address the issue). Anyway, the Tech said when I kissed him on his cheek his brain activity jumped up - what a sweet boy. He slept until 5:30 and started removing the leads and we were out of there one hour later.
Carson's shirt says "Music Changes Lives" and there's a little stick figure get'n down. Carson loves to dance!
Carson's shirt says "Music Changes Lives" and there's a little stick figure get'n down. Carson loves to dance!