Monday, March 30, 2009

On a Crusade......

This subject is one that makes people nervous a little because some of us have said it, do it now, think it at times. It's the dreaded "R" word..........Retarded. I am joining a crusade with my friend Fiauna (who has a brilliant 3 yr old daughter with Autism/seizure disorder) to try and correct this. By all means am I no angel and had used it in the past before I had Carson. Yet when you have a child with disabilities, it changes the way it sounds to you. It becomes "like fingers on a chalkboard" when you hear it." We all love Carson to death and think he is a blessing. So you have to figure that everyone is someones child that they love.

This picture is one we took and hung in Grandpa Dales Hospital room the week he was dying. They were very close, had a very unique bond. Even though Carson couldn't physically tell my dad how much he loved him, he showed it.

Thanks for letting me get that out in the open.