Carson turned 6 today! We had to let him in on this fact slowly----as not to mess up his daily routine. Luckily he woke up in a fantastic mood! Izabella sang Happy Birthday to him in Portuguese and gave him a stuffed animal BEE that buzzes. He loved it! Today will consist of a DECKED out poster I made of Carson for his Kindergarten class. YEP, they will be amazed by all of the wonderful things he has done, being disabled and all!!! Ha! I’m also bringing “Zingers” for his class, ya know—those Hostess cakes which have questionable ingredients!
Then this evening we will have a small---small family party of 4---which will consist of Spray Silly String & Confetti Poppers, Toy Story/Sesame Street décor galore!!!! This I do mostly for Izabella’s benefit ofcourse. Izabella & I will make him some cupcakes that he can pick up, squish around, take a taste of ---and refuse to eat most likely! But it’s his birthday, so that’s okay today! He will get a Buzz Lighyear which makes all of the great noises, a big RC truck , a Toy Story couch to “chill” out on while he watches some new DVDs! So if it all goes as planned----ha---who am I kidding-------it will be AWESOME!!!!!!!
In closing (my two favorite words after a long talk at church) When Carson was diagnosed at 16 months, we cried day and night for months (LITERALLY) and never thought he would make it this far. Although he has many challenges on a daily basis, we find him so courageous and strong! People are drawn to him. He is very handsome(those cute freckles & all) and has the best laugh & the biggest smile which could light up any room. Yet our most favorite quality of Carson's is his amazing sense of humor! Happy Birthday Carson---you are a miracle my friend! We love you!