Thursday, December 10, 2009

Last Christmas Post! Enjoy!




So I wasn't going to post again this month until something was brought to my attention. Lastnight Izabella wanted to read Christmas books while sipping Raspberry Herbal tea by the Tree. (So quaint)




She happened to pick this book. "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." Suddenly I am 8 years old (or something like that) and I am sleeping over at my friend Amanda's house. When her dad picks this book to read to us before bedtime. It was all fun and games until the last page. Have you ever read this? This is how it goes--the last line

So if you ever see a soft glow in the sky on Christmas Eve, you can be sure Rudolph, " the most famous reindeer of all" is very near.

Okay---my face went pale, blanket over my eyes, wondering how long it would take for me to sprint out of that bed and back to my house! YES I WAS SCARED, who wouldn't be. Infact I'm sure that Jim (Amanda's dad) read it in a way that most kids would have loved--yet it freaked me out!!! Scarred me forever!!!! I think we even had to say a prayer!


Let just say I never liked the tooth fairy either! I was sure she was waiting under my bed.


Oh and I am a BELIEVER in Santa Claus and the whole nine-yards. But that book traumatized me. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the moral of the story--Have a Merry Christmas and you've been fore-warned not to even think about glancing up at the sky on Christmas Eve! YIKES!