Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yesterday......a Gold Star!


Lastnight I got a "Gold Star" for being a GREAT mother!! Izabella and I LOVE the Taco Time on Main Street. Yesterday was a beautiful day, so around 6pm I decided that she and I would go on a date to Taco Time. BUT.........we would walk there!!!!
So Izabella was delighted and insisted on wearing her new flip-flops, which I tried to talk her out of to no avail. We walked down the LONG Burton lane on Rocks & Dirt. Turned left on to Mainstreet where we walked past Davis High School, the Fire Dept, the shops, the Library---to Taco Time. It was DELICIOUS! Then we went to Dylans drive-in to the 25 cent machine toys. Then to "Fresh Market" for some eggs & Fruit Leather. Then we walked back home past the Movie Theater where we stopped in for JUST some popcorn (which mortified Izabella) to take with us on the remaining trek---past Izabella's school, the Duck pond & Botanical garden....and finally weaved home. This took us from 6:25-8:45pm. It was AWESOME!!!!!!! We talked and talked....laughed and laughed....and Izabella compared us to the Pioneers over and over. All in all we walked about 7 miles and I will never forget it. Especially when she is a full-fledged TEENAGER--UGH!!!!! Oh----and her feet were filthy, but she didn't complain once!!! I see a "Hallmark Commercial" coming out of this!!!!!!