Happy Mothers Day Mom. Thanks for all the great and many things you have done.
My mom hasn't always had an easy life and we used to joke around with her because she would see the world through "Rose colored glasses." Yet, as I have gotten older I have to say that I admire that about my mother. No matter how tough times can get....sometimes it is so much better to look for all of the good, and sometimes small things that can bring so much joy.
We were pretty frugal growing up. Yet my mom found so many thrift store items like Curtains which we used to make "plays." Popsicle sticks for puppets which she found a big book of wallpaper swatches to make clothes for them, restaurant order tickets which we would play restaurant with, an old wood music stand which we played "primary" with, store crates which we used crayons and made stoves and kitchens with to play house with, a long blow horn from the parade which was used to play "Spaghetti Factory" and call for people who were waiting to be seated, and the list goes on and on. She found some great stuff!!!
When I was a teenager my mom got a big Refridgerator box to take to Lindsay Gardens. It was 10pm on a snowy night. I still remember flying down those hills with her!!!
Years later she revealed that she was scared half to death that she would really hurt herself!!! These memories are only a handful of many!
As a side note my mom NEVER goes without her Red lipstick! Lipstick ALWAYS makes me think of Mom.
These days she shows up with odds and ends of treats and fun things we enjoy.
She is very helpful and supportive in many ways. So thanks mom for EVERYTHING. Happy Mothers Day..we love you very much.