Thanks to the ladies in the neighborhood/church who helped with a service project idea I had for Shriner's Hospital. We collected around 165 books (more than I ever expected!)which we cellophaned & added an old fashioned sucker for each child to enjoy. I will be delivering them up to Shriner's Hospital tomorrow, (while Carson see's his great therapists there)so that they can hand them out to the Inpatient kids for the holidays. Couldn't have done it without you! Very Grateful!
As a side note---it's Thanksgiving this week. Time to remember all that we have been given. I'm a deep thinker when it comes to being grateful. My theory is that you should make the most of this life--on whatever level that is for each of you. I NEVER want to be lying on my deathbed and regret that I didn't enjoy this life enough. Really soak up the moments. A lot of what I am grateful for is purely simple things......everyday things. Yet, if my life hadn't taken the turn it did nearly 5 1/2 years ago (a stinkin' heart-wrenching , what the heck is MEB disease turn)---I may not be the type of person who is satisfied with the simpler things today. So for that....I am thankful.....because I truly love my life.
Also---this time of year is when my dads lack of presence becomes more obvious again. LAME!!
Miss his sarcastic humor ( I inherited!), his strong guiding spirit, his never ending "I'll be out in 1 hour" to help! He was AWESOME!!!!!! YEP...AWESOME!!!!! SO I am grateful this Thanksgiving that I was blessed enough to be on this earth with him for 33 years.
ANYHOW---- enough "tears in my eyes" kind of typing!!!! Get on with it..right??!!!!
Have a great Thanksgiving....enjoy your family and the great food! BE GRATEFUL!!!
Eat, Drink & be Merry for you never know when it's your turn to kick it! hee hee