Friday, October 22, 2010

5 Days!


So I am "on one" when it comes to the website "six items or less." What it comes down to is that we often think that we "need" more than what we have. This deals with your wardrobe and how most of us wear 20% of what we own. There has been a group of people who have agreed to rotate 6 items of clothing for 30 days! The crazy part is that NO ONE ever noticed. Therefore, we seem to be more concerned of our appearance than others. Mainly because they are too busy being concerned about theirs---to notice ours! This week I chose 1 outfit and I have worn it ALL WEEK!!! Yes---I did wash it inbetween... since I do haul a 46 pounder all day long and a girl does sweat!
Also there was the nice feeling that when I went into my closet, I didn't have to think about what to wear either!I actually didn't get sick of it, and I love clothes!
A big point of the project in 6 items or less is that you can find different ways to wear it and you can add accessories & shoes, but that's it. Honestly though, we don't need as much as we think we do!
I have to admit, I found it kind of fun this week. A real NO BRAINER! Also, it helped in ridding my closet of 2 garbage bags of clothing for a clothing donation drive that Izabella's school was having this week. So it was a Win...Win...Win!