Friday, October 8, 2010

My new gig!





I have a new gig! I am now officially EMPLOYED by the Davis School District. Yep...you heard it right! Background checks---major fingerprinting, Direct Deposit Payroll (!) and etc. I am off to be a SUB for the Elementary Schools/Preschools of my choosing. Pretty sweet eh! The best part is that I really want to be called for Special Ed Assisting/which I listed specifically under my "Sub Classification" numero UNO! Carson goes to School until 1pm M-F, so I figure I could work a couple days out of the week until then. Not that I don't CHERISH & DESERVE my alone time/Mental time/Get the house in Order time! I feel like I could branch out a tad. Plus, it's great to feel like I am giving back in an area that is hard to find Subs. I love the kids!!! Typically I hope to achieve "School of Rock" status, where everyone HOPES I can sub that day!
Oh---and I chopped my hair!!! Yep, I kind of miss it but it was over-processed and I DECIDED to make lots of horrific UNEVEN layers a couple of weeks ago which made me learn my lesson this time! Regardless, for now I am the "shorter hair" phase where other moms are actually nicer to you because you no longer have long intimidating locks and they think you are trying to look younger than them. That bugs some ladies you know! Which is NUTSO cause lots of shorter cuts actually LOOK classier on the gals. Anywho-- Eventually I will join that club again, (It's actually growing as we speak) cause I do LOVE long hair too, but for now I will enjoy being treated nicer. Is that funny or what! Cause I just said the TRUTH outloud like that!
So.... why, the Mask? Why not the Mask! It was a COOL find for this Halloween, although it does make me feel a little claustrophobic.
So that's my story....and I'm stickin' to it!