Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Izabella


Occasionally, you see those shows where someone is honored for being a super great person. I decided that Izabella deserved atleast a post of her own! She is super amazing to us. She has a great sense of dry, witty humor. She is my strong willed, serious thinker from the day she arrived. We have our lovely power struggles yet there isn't anyhting we wouldn't do for one another. Sunday afternoon Izabella came up to me after church and let me know that she had decided to "Fast" for Carson until lunchtime on Monday. Just so that he could "connect" with us a little better and not get so frustrated at times. That would be what she was asking Heavenly Father for. I stood there amazed at what an example she was.
This is my child who I have to encourage to "go have fun--be a kid, I can be his mother too!" She is a wonderful soul and we couldn't have been more blessed to be her parents. Lately she has let me know(eyes watering)that he is her best friend, and how upset she will be when he leaves us and goes to heaven. I let her know that I have always prayed that he could stay with us as long as possible and somehow we'll be okay knowing that his body is worn out, and his spirit can now be free. One day she will be overwhelmed, when Carson runs up to greet her in Heaven--and is able to thank her for her service, love & devotion to him. We love you Izabella.