Friday, July 30, 2010

Mueller Park Trio











This morning I felt ambitious. I packed up the kids at 8:30am and drove up to Mueller Park, where I carried my 6 yr old on my hip 1/4 mile to the bottom of the hike where the stream rushed by. Izabella was a great helper toting a blanket & some juice boxes. Come hell or high water, I was determined to let Carson see this beautiful spot that Trent, Izabella and I hike. Amazing enough, he clapped, blew raspberries for the most part. He also sat very still and studied the surroundings. Izabella and I were both relieved and pleased as punch! Izabella thought that the water trickling down the mountain sounded like Carsons sound machine. Therefore that had helped him feel calm. We managed to stay for a full hour without a meltdown! We put our toes in the water, drank our juiceboxes and observed a huge spider web that Charlotte must have made. As we drove home I felt tears in my eyes as we talked about the great morning we had. What a blessing!