Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to School Night


Lastnight we went to Carsons back-to-school night. I left with "tears of relief" in my eyes knowing that I had scoped out, and made the RIGHT decision for school! We went to his Special Ed room where I think his teacher (Ms.Wilson) is awesome and the aides are great!Next was his Kindergarten teachers room (Mrs.Spendlove). She was so nice and very excited to help Carson out any way she could. Carson will actually be in Kindergarten (with his aide)and all of the kindergarten kids with 2 other special ed girls joining them. He will get to do Circle time, Music, P.E. DANCE (hee hee),library, computers and everything everyone else gets to do! I am SO happy for him! He will go into Special Ed to work on his goals and therapy here and there when needed. I am so grateful for a supportive staff who is giving Carson the best opportunities to help him grow. YEAH! Carson is very receptive to the other kids and thus far has made lots of kids want to stop and talk to him. He is the olny one at his school who is immobile, so he has sparked some interest!He loves the attention though! The kids have been great.

Next was Izabellas school. This is a breeze because she loves her class. I sat at her small little desk and felt excited for all of the fun things she will do this year. Her teacher is very nice! What can I say.....she's a breeze at school. (knock on wood!)

All in all I am so thankful for the teachers and aides that work hard to help my kids! That's all folks..............................