Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Somewhat DEEP subject: The Icecream Truck!


The Icecream Truck drives around our neighborhood quite a bit. I think back and still laugh at my friend Maria, who told her young kids that it was a neat truck that drove around and played music for the neighborhood. Ha! Now they are obviously older and wiser! Yet Izabella sprints out the door when she hears it hoping that I am running for my wallet. We have had to tell her that maybe once a month she could get one, because needless to say our refridgerator has a nice variety she could choose from which are ALREADY PAID FOR!!!! Its all about our "scaling back" plan so that she isn't a spoiled teen who thinks she should get what she wants, when she wants. We dont even negotiate when she says she is using her own allowance. NOPE!
That's why I loved Kristy's comment about taking back all of Bens clothes after he threw a fit over a toy at checkout. That's pretty good! I really know that when a kid demands so much, they are usually a product of the parents giving in. Therefore I am honestly trying to downscale and quit using the idea "Well, she has lots of responsibility and things she has to do to help with Carson...and etc." Izabella will be a better person in the end if she learns from "not getting" and works hard to achieve what she wants. Statistically I agree that a child mostly just wants one on one time and remembers those memories the most!That's my story and I'm sticking to it!